It’s never too late to be a great athlete… The Tennis Congress uses world-class tennis education as a catalyst to help adult recreational players fulfill their dreams and enrich their lives. Click on the photos to the right to watch our short film, “Reach Higher.”
The Tennis Congress delivers world-class, customized training for serious adult players (NTRP 3.0-5.0+) on all aspects of training—technique, strategy, footwork, fitness, nutrition, injury prevention, and the “mental game.”
THE 2017 TENNIS CONGRESS – Registration Opens THURS MAY 4 at 11am ET
Thursday October 19 (6pm) – Sunday October 22 (9pm)**
* Optional Pre-Program Tennis Fitness Training program October 19 (12:30-4:30pm)
* Optional Extended Coached Match Play program Monday October 23 (8am-Noon)
Created by serious tennis players for serious players, The Tennis Congress gives passionate adults (low-intermediate through high-performance NTRP 5.0) access to world-class training usually reserved only for top juniors and professionals. We invite you to join fellow tennis fanatics and 80 master professionals, Grand Slam legends, physical conditioning coaches and sport psychology experts, and equipment gurus from all around the world for a uniquely fun and inspiring experience covering all aspects of training necessary to improve your game– on and off the court.
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
Winner of the tennis industry’s award for “Most Innovative Tennis Event of the Year,” The Tennis Congress is an unprecedented experience that enables you to tailor a training program specific to what you personally need. Your program includes a series of rigorous on-court and off-court classes led by some of the most brilliant tennis minds in the world. Building on the innovative ideas we introduced in the first three years, some of the highlights of this year’s event include:
* 14 Hours of Customized On-Court Assessment and Training (4.5-5 Hours per Day): We will create a customized schedule just for you, featuring multiple small-group training sessions each day (4:1 coach-to-athlete ratio) built around on your level and the objectives you identify in advance. Drawing from the elite ranks of renowned teaching professionals as well as the international tennis tour, where we’ve recruited some of the most accomplished Grand Slam champions, coaches, tour players, and Davis Cup participants, you will have the opportunity to work under the close guidance of approximately six to eight coaches with unique and proven expertise in the areas you have prioritized.
* 10 Hours of Elective Specialized Off-Court Workshops (3+ Hours per Day): Because success in tennis is about more than hitting a good ball, we offer you a choice of off-court classes with world-renowned experts on topics ranging from strategy, mental conditioning, fitness, nutrition, and equipment to supplement your core training plan.
* Your Own Personal Head Coach: To help you process and apply all that you’re learning during the event, you’ll be matched up with a personal Head Coach at the start of the Congress. Daily training sessions with your Head Coach will provide opportunities to practice and reinforce ideas from specialized classes. On the final day, your Head Coach will help you prioritize post-Congress goal-setting and action steps.
* Access to “TC Connect” Alumni Hub: Once you’re a Tennis Congress alum, you’re an alum for life. Beginning this summer, you and all past TC alumni will have access to a new community site that enables you to stay in touch and continue conversations with fellow athletes and faculty– plus meet and connect with fellow passionate players and coaches in our international network when you’re traveling. You’ll also be able to access a reference library archive housing presentation materials, “homework,” and videos connected to classes at the Congress.
* All Meals and Special Evening Programs: The sessions may be intense, but once the racquets go back in the bag it’s time to relax, recharge, and socialize with your new tennis friends. The 2017 program includes dinner on Thursday-Sunday nights as well as breakfast and lunch Friday-Sunday. We also have a number of group activities planned to keep the fun going!
* Special Pre-Program Option (Thursday 12:30-4:30pm): Personalized Tennis Fitness and Movement Evaluation plus Customized Fitness Plan Development (requires pre-registration, space limited): Whether you consider yourself a beginner or a beast when it comes to your tennis-specific fitness, this new program will help you take your on-court performance to new heights and help you get stronger, faster, and more efficient– while also helping you avoid injury and stay healthy for the long haul. Beginning two months before the Congress, you’ll take part in online orientation and preparatory meetings with elite trainers and receive initial guidance to start implementing over the summer. Then, at this 4-hour in-person session, your trainers will assess your strengths and limitations in person (on court and off), review the most important exercises and drills you personally need. Shortly after the Congress, the fitness team will prepare a custom training plan for you that you’ll be ready and excited to implement. Limited to 36 athletes and requires advance sign-up during registration
* Special Extended Program Option (Monday 8am-Noon): Real-Time Match Play Analysis and Coaching (requires pre-registration, space limited): By popular demand, we’re once again offering an extended option that enable you to apply lessons learned into match situations in a non-judgmental setting while benefiting from real-time match play analysis and coaching (singles or doubles) for 4 hours on court on Monday. To provide an intimate coaching experience, two coaches will be on every court (2:1 faculty-to-athlete ratio), enabling coaches to interact constantly with players. Limited to 60 athletes and requires advance sign-up during registration
AN INCREDIBLE VALUE
The full program cost for the 2017 Tennis Congress is $2495, which includes all customized on-court classes, off-court elective workshops, plus all meals and special activities. Registered participants are eligible for a special discounted $149/night room rate at the Hilton El Conquistador, a AAA Four Diamond Resort in warm, sunny Tucson, Arizona (valid 3 days prior and 3 days after the Congress).
The Pre-Program Fitness Option (Thursday Noon-4pm), limited to 50 athletes on a first-come basis during registration, is an additional $495.
The Extended Program Coached Match Play Option (Monday 8am-Noon), limited to 56 athletes on a first-come basis during registration, is an additional $495.
Public Registration Opens May 4 at 11am ET
PRAISE FOR THE TENNIS CONGRESS
The Congress helped me achieve my most MASSIVE game changing breakthrough in 20 years! Today I am hitting the ball with a new level of understanding, touch, control, and power. The event is simply AWESOME!
—Tom Westberg, 4.5 player, Illinois
“It didn’t just change my game… It changed my life.” —Amy Lundy, 3.5 player, New York
“There simply is nothing remotely like this available to recreational players.” —Steve Kitchen 4.5 player, Georgia
“My husband gave me this as a gift, and it was the best gift I’ve ever received. Literally blown away!” — Robyn Cain, 3.5 player, Texas
“I will be back every year until I’m kicked out. Then I’ll sneak in. You won’t be able to keep me away! This will be an important event for me for the rest of my days.”
—Steven Ralls, 4.0 player, California
“Absolutely the most amazing tennis-related anything I’ve ever been a part of.” —Scott Baxter, CEO, PlayYourCourt.com, Virginia
“The magic of excellence tempered with humility in faculty and participants is truly phenomenal.” — Catherine Fairchild, 3.0 player, Louisiana
“Far exceeded my expectations! Not only was the instruction amazing, but what a fabulous group of people – faculty and attendees alike! I learned so much, including many things I needed to know but didn’t realize I needed to know.” — Jill Burgard, 3.5 player, Virginia
“The recreational tennis player’s absolute tennis dream. The tennis industry will never be the same!” —Paula Scheb, USPTA Master Professional, Florida
“Unbelievably awesome… The instruction was stellar.” —Randal Wax, 4.0 player, Washington DC
THE 2017 UNITED STATES TENNIS CONGRESS
Start: Thursday October 19 6:00pm
End: Sunday October 22 9pm*
* Optional extended programs Thurs October 19 (Noon-4) and Monday October 23 (8am-Noon)
Click here for PDF version of Schedule at a Glance
GET READY FOR A TENNIS TRAINING EVENT LIKE YOU’VE NEVER EXPERIENCED
The 2017 Tennis Congress is all about you – with a unique format that lets you tailor classes to your specific needs and learn under the guidance of world-class professionals, coaches, and sports specialists. The program is designed to help you train smarter and to apply what you learn to practices, private lessons, clinics, and camps when you return home.
There will be a lot going on during your three days at the Congress, so we’ve put a lot of emphasis on crafting an intelligent schedule that will help you be at your best throughout the event. You will spend half your day on court in small, focused sessions we build for you based on your level and priorities, and spend the other half of your day off the court in workshops you choose that cover everything from fitness, injury prevention and rehabilitation, nutrition, and equipment, to the all-important “mental game.”
After you register, we’ll send you a detailed questionnaire asking you to assess your game and indicate the top-priority areas you want to focus on at the Congress. Your answers will directly influence the final curriculum and determine which classes we ultimately offer. Our faculty experts will also use your feedback to design sessions that address your specific interests, questions, and challenges – and build on the core competencies they believe are most critical to help players unlock progress at every stage of their development.
About 10 weeks before the Congress opens, you will be asked to indicate any changes in your priorities. 7-10 days before the event, you will receive your customized on-court schedule along with a list of all the elective offerings you will be able to choose from to supplement your on-court training.
We look forward to helping you achieve your potential at the 2017 Tennis Congress!
TWO TYPES OF CLASSES: “CUSTOMIZED” AND “ELECTIVES”
CUSTOMIZED ON-COURT CLASSES (We design specifically for you)
Customized classes are carefully built for individual participants based on their level and stated priorities. They are all held on-court in small groups, with 4 students per court. Students indicate preferences prior to the Congress, including for specific faculty members, and we do our best to match you with the right students and pros. Topics will be developed based on participants’ interests expressed in detailed surveys following registration.
Possible topics include:
ELECTIVE OFF-COURT CLASSES (You choose)
Elective classes are designed to supplement on-court tackle topics that can be most effectively addressed off court or through group learning, demonstration, for larger groups than the customized classes but will often have size limits and require pre-registration to ensure an optimal learning experience. These are mainly held indoors at the resort’s conference center to enable use of audiovisual and other teaching tools and to facilitate discussion. The formats vary widely depending on the topic: some are best suited to lectures or expert panels involving multimedia, others (e.g. mental game) rely heavily on group discussion, others (e.g. footwork or fitness classes) involve movement and are physically demanding. Some use a “demonstration” format, while others are highly participatory.
Possible topics include:
Located on over 500 acres in the shadows of the magnificent Pusch Ridge in Tucson, Arizona, the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Tennis & Golf Resort offers some of the most pristine desert and mountain vistas in the Southwest. In 2012 the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador received USTA’s award for Outstanding Tennis Facility of the Year. It is Southern Arizona’s largest tennis resort, and host to numerous prestigious national level USTA events for both adults and juniors. The Resort boasts 31 beautifully lighted courts, two full-service pro shops, offering a variety of tennis attire, shoes, and accessories, as well as 24-hour turnaround stringing services.
The Resort’s elegant guest rooms and suite accommodations offer spectacular views of the mountains, pool, city views or desert landscape. The property has been awarded the prestigious AAA 4-Diamond rating 27 years in a row. Nestled at the base of the breathtaking Santa Catalina mountains and surrounded by acres of high Sonoran Desert terrain, the resort offers an opportunity for guests to experience world-class resort amenities in a truly spectacular setting.
Registered participants are eligible for a special discounted $149/night room rate–also valid 3 days prior and 3 days after the Congress.