"ASSISTED 2 GRAND SLAM CHAMPIONS AND 1 GOLD MEDALIST."
Gustavo is a passionate tennis coach who enjoys the sport as a lifelong journey that teaches invaluable lessons. His unique way of coaching adapts great to each player’s set of skills and aptitudes.
COACHING CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Former hitting partner to Grand Slam champions Victoria Azarenka and Bethanie Mattek-Sands.
- Former hitting partner to Monica Puig, gold medalist in Rio 2016 Olympics.
- Former assistant coach to USA’s Angela Haynes, who reached the round of 16 at the 2009 BNP Paribas Open.
PLAYING CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Career-high ATP Doubles Ranking: 870
- Career-high NCAA National Singles Ranking: 7
EDUCATION & PERSONAL
- Fluent in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Attended Dowling College in New York, and Grand Canyon University in Arizona, obtaining degrees in Sport Management and Master of Business Administration respectively.
- Attained coaching certifications through the PTR, iTPA, and USPTA.
- Gustavo is a tennis professional at Ocotillo Village Health Club and Spa in Chandler, Arizona. He’s also the founder of ProBallerz.com, a tennis instructional website.