HIGH-PERFORMANCE SINGLES TRAINING:
PROGRAM AND PRICE
February 13 (6pm) – February 16 (6pm), 2020
HIGH-PERFORMANCE ADULT SINGLES TRAINING:
LEARNING FROM PRO TENNIS
A special TC “Mini Congress” at the New York Open | Long Island, New York (30 min from JFK airport)
Imagine having the chance to watch top players compete from VIP seats from only a few feet away–including Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori, Kevin Anderson and Reilly Opelka– while elite coaches and ATP strategists advise you on what to watch to improve YOUR game… then heading off to the court each day (indoor hard courts) with your coaching team to practice what you’re learning. Join us for this special “Mini Congress” organized in collaboration with the New York Open to ensure a world-class experience packed with practical learning, inspiration, and fun.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
— Singles players in good physical condition
— NTRP 3.5-4.5/5.0 level
* Training with only 3 players on each court (at least one coach with every 3 athletes)
* At least 11 hours of intensive on-court training (indoor hard courts)
* Opportunity to work with multiple elite coaches
* VIP seating for all 6 sessions of the New York Open during Finals weekend (Thursday evening-Sunday Finals), accompanied by coaches, with access to “The Overlook”
* Customized curriculum tailored to priorities of registered athletes
* Emphasis on practical takeaways for specific match-play scenarios and situations
* Off-court workshops and strategy sessions designed to complement on-court training
* “Play-Learn-Play” approach, with emphasis on practical takeaways for specific match-play scenarios and situations
* Personalized feedback on what/how to watch during ATP matches to reinforce key learning objectives
* All inclusive food and beverage in the VIP lounge for all sessions
* Access to discounted hotel rooms at the Long Island Marriott, literally 1 minute walk across the street from the tournament (Appx $160/night, includes breakfast)
* Lifetime alumni membership in the Tennis Congress community, with access to discounted alumni pre-registration for all future events
$2,395 TUITION ($2,195 for Tennis Congress alumni)
Thursday, February 13 (begins at 6:00pm)
* Welcome dinner at New York Open in VIP lounge
* Watch 2d Round ATP matches with your coaches
Friday, February 14
* 4-4.5 hours on-court coaching and match analysis
* Off-court meetings with coaches
* Watch ATP Quarterfinals with coaches (afternoon and evening matches)
Saturday, Feburary 15
* 4-4.5 hours on-court coaching and match analysis
* Off-court meetings with coaches
* Watch ATP Semifinals with coaches (afternoon and evening matches)
Sunday, February 16
* 2.5 hours on-court coaching and match analysis
* Watch ATP Finals matches with coaches
Pro Tour coach. World leader in teaching tennis tactics. 2015 Strategy analyst for Wimbledon, Australian Open, ATPWorldTour, WTATennis and the New York Times.
Craig is an Australian tour coach and Director of the Brain Game – a sports science website that specializes in the video analysis of tennis matches that teaches the patterns of play that dominate our game.
Craig is widely recognized as the world leader in teaching tennis tactics and is the strategy analyst in 2015 for Wimbledon and the Australian Open as well as the ATPWorldTour, WTATennis and the New York Times.
Craig has researched thousands of matches using his unique Dartfish Match Tagging software to unlock the secrets of our game and uncover the patterns and percentages that really matter. He teaches this knowledge through his website and also on court with players at all levels of the game.
Craig started coaching on the pro tour 20 years ago and recently helped direct Kevin Anderson from outside the top 150 in the world into the top 50 in around 12 months. In 2011 he resurrected the career of Rajeev Ram who was 28 years old and languishing at 272 in the world. Within twelve months Craig had Rajeev back inside the top 100 enjoying his first top 20 win of his career. Craig has coached on center court at Wimbledon, the US Open and the Australian Open and passes along the learning from his pro tour experiences to juniors just beginning their life-long journey in our wonderful sport.
Craig began his coaching career in 1991, working with world-renowned tennis management company, Peter Burwash International (PBI) in the Woodlands, Texas. Craig was voted runner-up for Rookie of the Year in 1992, and was part of the globe-trotting PBI Tennis Show, performing in California, Guam, Seoul, Jakarta, Bali and Oman in the Middle East.
Craig moved back to his homeland of Australia in 1995 to open the O’Shannessy Tennis Academy at the Wodonga Tennis Center — Australia’s largest tennis facility with 52 courts (30 grass/22 clay). It quickly developed into one of the leading academies in the region, attracting players from New Zealand, Indonesia, Korea and Japan. In 1997, Craig guided Andrew Bronneberg to victory in the Australian National Junior Grasscourt Championships in singles and doubles.
Craig also worked with Canadian, Vanessa Webb, who won the 1998 NCAA Women’s Singles Championships while at Duke University. Craig then coached Andrew and Vanessa as they transitioned to the pro tour. Craig returned to the U.S. in 2001 to direct the junior academy at the T Bar M Racquet Club in Dallas, Texas. Craig also continued his work on tour with tour players Jeff Salzenstein, Andrew Ilie, Amer Delic, Brendan Evans and Ansley Cargill. At Wimbledon in 2011, Craig directed #262 Melinda Czink, from Hungary, to a first round, straight-sets victory over world #10 Samantha Stosur, of Australia.
🇦🇺 Craig O’Shannessy
MENTOR & INSTRUCTOR FOR ALL TENNIS LEVELS; FROM BEGINNER TO PROFESSIONAL; FORMER COLLEGE COACH, TENNIS DIRECTOR & SPARRING PARTNER TO SEVERAL CURRENT AND FORMER WTA/ATP TOUR PLAYERS; OWNER OF WAM SPORTS; OTI MASTER INSTRUCTOR AT ONLINETENNISINSTRUCTION.COM
Nadim is a former top-rated German junior, who came to the USA in 1998 as a 17-year old to play the pro circuit. He achieved a world ranking in singles on his first attempt, but a severe shoulder injury changed his path. In January 2000, Nadim joined the University of South Florida men’s tennis team and player 4 years for them, winning conference championships, captaining his junior and senior years, and making the All-Conference USA Team.
After graduating college with a B.A. in Marketing in December 2003, Nadim took on coaching high performance juniors (incl. No.1 U16 in the USA) full-time before going back to school and earning his M.B.A. from the University of Tampa, where he acted as Assistant Tennis Coach for the women’s team between 2005 and 2007.
From 2007 until 2017, Nadim resided in Miami, FL. In early 2017, he moved to San Diego, CA and most recently to Los Angeles, CA where he currently resides. While in Miami, FL he enjoyed a 4-year spell from 2007-2011 as Co-Director and Head Pro at the renowned Cliff Drysdale Tennis (CDT) operated Ritz Carlton Tennis Garden in Key Biscayne, FL and Co-Director of the CDT Junior Summer Camp at Crandon Park. This is where his passion for technical tennis instruction came to the forefront, honing his skills in high-performance junior development, as well as recreational adult training.
During his first year in Miami, Nadim met Florian Meier, founder and owner of OnlineTennisInstruction.com (OTI), quickly forming what now is a life-long friendship. Since that time in 2007, Nadim has studied the game of tennis extensively from an instructional perspective and adopted the OTI progressive system later on, ultimately joining forces with Florian as OTI Master Instructor in 2014. To date, Nadim has hosted numerous OTI private lessons and clinics around the US, Central America and Europe and travels to several destinations monthly to instruct the OTI method to eager athletes. Also, on YouTube, the OTI team around Florian Meier, Gregg LeSueur, Ean Meyer and Nadim enjoy global popularity in the online tennis community. Nadim will represent OTI at the 2019 United States Tennis Congress.
Coveted as one of the most well known tennis technique instructors online, Nadim is always eager to enhance his knowledge and instruction skills and become the best tennis instructor he can be – for all ages and all levels. “I love to learn – when someone tells you they know it all or act like they do, it’s only downhill from there. Stay curious, always look for new ideas and stay open-minded. Enjoy the process and the result will come, good things will happen and you will achieve your vision”.
🇩🇪 Nadim Naser
Head of Athlete Development at Halton Tennis Centre, an LTA High Performance Centre and an Accredited Strength & Conditioning Coach (ASCC).
Dom is Head of Athlete Development for Everyball Tennis at Halton Tennis Centre, a leading Tennis Centre in the UK.
He is an iTPA Master Tennis Performance Specialist (MTPS), one of only a small number to hold this designation worldwide, as well as an Accredited Strength & Conditioning Coach (ASCC) with the UK Strength & Conditioning Association, NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) and holds numerous other professional qualifications.
As Head of Athlete Development he works as part of an interdisciplinary team to deliver, among other things, Strength & Conditioning Coaching, Mental & Emotional Skills Training and Nutritional & Lifestyle Management.
Based at Halton since 2007, he has a wealth of experience in training players of all ages and abilities. As part of the High Performance Programme, this can range from 6 years old up to professional, aware of the different needs at each age and stage and what is required to train a player ‘from the cradle to the tour’!
He also trains club players anywhere from 8 to 80 + years old and loves helping each person improve and develop as a tennis athlete.
His own tennis-playing background and Tennis Coaching qualifications mean he is able to understand the requirements of the sport and help the transition ‘from the gym to the court.’
Dom is a highly motivated coach, committed to getting the best out of each athlete he works with; he also trains athletes from other sports and likes to explore the transferable aspects of training between all sports.
🇬🇧 Dominic King
PTR Master of Tennis. Two time ITA (Intercollegiate Tennis Association) doubles champion. Achieved NAIA #14 Doubles Ranking.
Gary Innes serves as Project Director for the NetGains Foundation, which is the philanthropic arm of the Tennis Congress that taps the power of tennis as a catalyst to transform lives and create positive social and environmental impacts.
Gary is also the co-founder of Serves You Right (SYR), which is committed to improving tennis experiences for clubs, teams and individuals. SYR specializes in club management, program development and group events/retreats.
He was born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa where he competed as a junior before coming to the United States to play college tennis at Walsh University. After graduating, Gary started coaching and directing tennis programs throughout Westchester and Fairfield County.
In 2016 Gary earned the PTR Master of Tennis certification in Junior Development. He continues to pursue new levels of tennis education and build strong adult and junior programs.
🇿🇦 Gary Innes
Tennis Congress Director of Education. 2011 USPTA Professional of the Year. 11-time USPTA Division/State Pro of the Year. Member Head/Penn Racquet Sports National Advisory Board.
Feisal Hassan, Tennis Congress Director of Education, is a USPTA Master Professional and an RPT Master Professional. He is also a member of the Head/Penn Racquet Sports National Advisory Board and National Speaker’s Bureau and holds USPTA specialist degrees in Competitive Player Development, Facility Management, Little Tennis and Sports Science. He is a USTA Recreation Coach National and Quickstart Trainer, a member of the National Cardio Tennis Speakers Team and co-chairs the USPTA National Education Committee and the USPTA College Curriculum Committee. He is also on the USPTA Testing Committee and USTA National Youth Education Committee. He was also the Director of Certification & Testing for the USPTA Middle States division and was co-chair of the USPTA National Diversity Committee.
Feisal was also the Director of Coaches’ Education and Junior Davis Cup Team Coach for Tennis Zimbabwe. He was also voted in Tennis Industry magazine’s prestigious “40 Under 40” list for being one of the top 40 men and women under 40 years old who have had and will continue to have a strong influence in the sport and in the business of tennis– both nationally and internationally.
Hassan writes and conducts seminars, workshops and clinics for international, national and sectional organizations and events. He has also written the book, How to Handle Difficult Players and Conditions, and is currently working on his second book, Doubles: Phases & Situations.
In 2011, he was awarded the USPTA’s most prestigious award, the Alex Gordon National Professional of the Year and the 2011 Racquet Sports Industry Champions of Tennis Award. This is the Racquet Sports Industry’s (RSI) most prestigious awards recognizing and honoring the people, businesses and organizations that are making a difference in the tennis industry. He was also a recipient for the USPTA Mid-Atlantic Hall of Fame recipient Inaugural Class of 2012 and the 2012 USPTA George Bacso National Tester of the Year.
Previous accolades include the USPTA Industry Excellence Award in 1999, 5-time Division Tester of the Year, 11-time USPTA Division/State Pro of the Year, and 9-time national Top-10 point holder in the USPTA’s Career Development Program.
🇿🇼 Feisal Hassan
USTA High Performance Coach, Former NJCAA All-American
- Owner, Harp Performance Tennis
- 1993 NJCAA All-American
- USTA High Performance Coach
- PTR Performance Professional Level 3
- PTR Adult Professional
- ITPA Tennis Performance Trainer (TPT)
- 2010, 2011 Georgia Professional Tennis Association Board of Directors
- Inventor Blinking and Whistling Vibration Dampeners US Design Patent 2009
🇺🇸 Jim Harp
High Performance Coach, USTA and USPTA Southern Coach of the Year
Julio Godreau holds certifications with the USPTA (Elite), PTR (Master of Tennis Performance), and the USTA (High Performance). He currently serves as the Director of Junior Tennis for the USTA Texas section.
As a coach he has developed players in Orange Ball (2 Southern #1 ranked players and 3 Southern Closed Champions) and Yellow Ball (player ranked as high as #5 in the US and quarterfinalist at Orange Bowl and Eddie Herr tournaments). At the collegiate level his students have accomplished scholarships at prestigious conferences such as the Pac-12 and SEC, and have won NCAA Division 1 team championship. Aside from his on court success with Junior Players he has also guided adults to State, Sectional, and National Championships.
He has been the recipient of numerous awards from the USPTA, PTR, and USTA including Southern Pro of the Year. As an educator he often presents at sectional events and has been a speaker at The USPTA World Conference and PTR International Symposium.
Julio was a top Junior player in the Caribbean, NCAA Division I Scholarship Collegiate Player, and has played at the Pro level. He is also fully bilingual (English and Spanish) and has a Masters Degree in Business Administration and an undergrad in Psychology. He has been married for twelve years to Charisse and has two daughters, Emma (6) and Sophie (9).
- PTR Master of Tennis Performance (Equivalent to ITF Level 3)
- USPTA Certified Professional Level 1
- PTR Certified Professional Level
- USTA High Performance Certified
- PTR 10 & Under Certified
- USPTA & PTR Player Development Specialist
- USTA High Performance Orange Bowl World Class Junior Player Development Study
- USTA High Performance US Open Pro Player Development Study
- USTA High Performance 10 & Under Certified
- USTA Referee Certified
- USTA Tournament Director Certification (TDM)
- PTR Mississippi Member of the Year 2014
- USPTA 10 & Under Southern Pro of the Year 2012
- USPTA Southern Pro of the Year 2007
- USTA Southern Pro of the Year 2008
- USPTA Mississippi Pro of the Year 2006 & 2007
- USTA Mississippi Pro of the Year 2008
- USPTA Developmental Pro of the Year 2004
- USPTA North Cal Rookie Pro of the Year 1997
- Selected to coach USTA National Level 1 camp at USTA Center in NY (US Open Location) along with coaches Tom Gullikson, Richard Ashby, Kent Kinnear, Jay Gooding, and Geoff Russell.
- Chairman 10 & Under USTA Southern Committee
- Vice Chairman USTA Southern Player Development Committee
- Representative for USPTA & PTR Pros in USTA Mississippi
- Chair USTA Southern Talent Identification Camps Committee
- Chair USTA Mississippi Junior Council Committee
- Member USTA National Pro Circuit Committee
- Head Coach USTA Competitive Training Center (CTC) Mississippi
- Coach USTA Southern and Mississippi Talent Identification Camps
- Coach USTA Southern and Mississippi Talent Identification Camps
- Coach USTA Middle States 12 and under Zonal National Team
- Coach USTA Southern 14 and under Zonal National Team
USPTA AND PTR INVOLVEMENT
- Speaker at USPTA World Symposium
- Speaker at USPTA Winter Southern Conference
- Chairman USPTA Multicultural Committee
- Speaker at PTR International Symposium
- Speaker at USPTA Southern Conferences
- Speaker at USPTA Tennessee, Mississippi, & Louisiana Workshops
- Speaker at Mississippi’s High School Coaches
🇵🇷 Julio Godreau
Top 150 Spanish nationally ranked player. Expert in applying Spanish System to biomechanics and positioning.
Isaac Galindo is Founder and Academy director at Galindo Tennis USA, a subdivision of GMG United, a full-service sports company providing complete management services worldwide.
Isaac brings great expertise in stroke analysis and sports science. He has put great emphasis in the development of young American athletes by bringing the Spanish system to the U.S by understanding and applying principles of perfect biomechanics and positioning.
He also represents and counsels several top ITF/ATP players in the world.
He recently started Love 4 Sports Foundation with the goal of helping the community and less fortunate through sports.
- Top 150 Spanish nationally ranked player
- Played professional ATP events around the world with wins over top 500 ranked players
- Posted a record of 32-6 at Florida Southern College NCAA D2 School leading the team to the highest national ranking in school (3rd in the county)
- Ranked #9 in the Nation in singles
- 2005 All-Region Team(S). 2005 ITA All-American(S). SSC Commissioner’s List of Outstanding Achievement (2007)
- Hitting partner for both ATP and WTA players
- Galindo Tennis USA, Academy Director.
- Beerman Tennis Complex, Florida: Head Tennis Professional
- Private Coach for Top Junior/ ITF Players: Stephen Madonia, Benoit Paradis, Isaac Nortey.
- Florida Southern College Assistant Coach
- Coach and Teaching Pro – San Diego, California. Taught private and group lessons at the Scripps * * Ranch Tennis
- Center. Coached top juniors, organized summer camp programs and assisted with coordinating junior adult leagues.
- Florida Southern University, Florida 2007- Bachelor of Science in Sports Management
- Universidad Autonoma Barcelona, Spain 2000- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
- Certificates in Psychology of Sport and Fitness: Instruction and Prescription.
- Fluent in Spanish, Catalan and English.
🇪🇸 Isaac Galindo
Former Top 150 Spanish nationally ranked player and Top Junior in Spain.
Gerard Galindo is co-founder of Galindo Tennis USA. He is the ITF/WTA/ATP Academy Director. He is also in charge of the international business department which embraces the marketing and finance areas of all international programs the academy offers abroad.
- Top 150 Spanish nationally ranked player
- Top Junior Player in Spain. Classified for the Under 16’s national championship.
- Played professional ATP events with wins over world ranked players.
- Hitting partner at several ATP events.
- Posted a record of 14-2 at East Carolina University (Division 1) and 15-2 at Alliant International University.
- ITA Rolex Southern California Regional Singles Finalist
- Ranked #16 in the U.S.
- 2005 ITA All-American (S)
- Pro Player Academy Director at Galindo Tennis USA.
- Coach and Assistant Pro at Bermudez Tennis Academy.
- Assistant Coach at the University of Arkansas, Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Coach and Teaching Pro – San Diego, California. Taught private and group lessons at the Scripps Ranch Tennis Center
- Participated in several exhibition matches and clinics in Europe and U.S.
- University of Arkansas- Bachelor in International Business with Minor in foreign languages: Spanish, May 2008.
- Certification in Nutrition (ISSA)
- Concussion in Sports Certificate (NFHS)
- Personal Trainer (International Sports Science Association)
- Fluent in Spanish, Catalan and English.
🇪🇸 Gerard Galindo
Expert Tennis Strength and Conditioning Coach, iTPA Master Tennis Performance specialist
Jonny Fraser, Tennis Congress Deputy Director of Performance and Fitness Education, has a wealth of experience in tennis. An expert in movement, footwork, and tennis-specific strength and conditioning, he has worked with a range of junior tennis players to full-time professionals.
Jonny is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) alongside being a certified Level B coach with the GPTCA and a licensed tennis coach with the LTA in the United Kingdom. Jonny has certification as a Master Tennis Performance specialist with the International Tennis Performance Association (iTPA). Jonny is also the owner of Science in Tennis, a sport science provider solely focused on providing support to tennis centers and players.
Academically he has an MSc in Sport and Exercise Science from Sheffield Hallam University and has also taught at Sheffield Hallam University in the UK teaching on sport science and sports coaching degrees.
🇬🇧 Jonny Fraser
ATP / WTA / ITF - Player Development and Tour Coach
Justin has over 15 years of coaching experience and has worked with professionals for over 10 of those years. He has spent time at some of the country’s top academies and working with ATP and WTA players.
🇺🇸 Justin Fitzpatrick
OWNER AND DIRECTOR OF TENNIS OF THE BOULEVARD TENNIS CLUB. ELITE PROFESSIONAL RATING BY THE USPTA, PTR, MTM AND A MEMBER OF THE PTCA.
Christophe holds a Professional #1 Elite rating from MTM, PTR, PTCA, and USPTA. He has competed and coached at every level from juniors collegiate and professional. He has been the USPTA District #9 President since 2010 and is also a monthly contributor to TennisOne.com, one of the leading tennis teaching web sites in the world.
Christophe is currently the Director of Tennis at the Boulevard Tennis Club in Vero Beach FL. During summer months, he is at The New Seabury Club on Cape Cod, MA from Memorial Day to Labor Day. He also serves as a board member of the Indian River Tennis Foundation, a foundation dedicated to raising funds to award lesson scholarships to local juniors.
During summers has has acted as Director of Tennis of The Lloyd Neck Bath Club in Cold Spring Harbor NY (1996-1999), Tennis director of the Country Club of Detroit in Grosse Pointe MI (2000-2006), Tennis Director at the Walloon Lake Country Club in Wallon Lake MI (2007-2011), and Tennis Director at The New Seabury Club on Cape Cod MA (2011-present).
In 1987 he was the original founder and Director of the Sugarbush Tennis School, which was rated as one of the World’s Best Tennis Schools by Tennis Magazine. Roger Cox, Senior Travel Editor for Tennis Magazine, described the Sugarbush Tennis School as the most dynamic and innovative tennis school in the country.
Christophe is the author of Tennis Atlas: The Ultimate Doubles Program, a 200-page tennis teaching manual geared to help teaching professionals guarantee improvement to their students. He holds a B.S Business degree from Franklin Pierce University, (1987).
🇫🇷 Christophe Delavaut
One of the most successful developmental coaches in the US, Coach to several national champions, dozens of top college players, and players on ATP and WTA tour
Craig has been a dedicated and passionate tennis coach for 25 years and has helped take several juniors to #1 national rankings – earning the distinction of being “one of the most successful developmental coaches in the country.”
He is co-developer of the innovative “GRIPS” program, which progressively builds tennis skills for juniors and adults.
Craig has coached several national champions, dozens of top college players, and has traveled around the world as coach to players on both the ATP and WTA tours.
🇺🇸 Craig Cignarelli
ACSM-certified Personal Trainer; Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) from the Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences
* ACSM-certified Personal Trainer
* Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) from the Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences
* Pursuing RacquetFit Certification
“Optimistic by nature, I’ve always been eager to help, create positive vibes and make those around me healthier and happier. While growing up in the fast-paced environment of New York City, I witnessed the damaging toll stress can take on others’ physical and emotional well-being. That’s what first inspired me to study massage therapy, which I saw as a means to help people live more complete, balanced lives. As I progressed through my massage career, I realized that further education in sports science, movement, and personal training could improve my ability to help clients—both by understanding better how bodies work and by learning new modalities to address root causes of common problems. As a competitive athlete myself, I intuitively understood the power of combining smart training routines with massage and other active recovery techniques, but my formal training only underscored the value and armed me with tools be even more impactful with others. Today, I’m lucky to have found the sweet spot where I can translate my experience and passions into a variety of science-based approaches that help others. When I’m not massaging or training, you can find me playing beach volleyball, practicing handstands or doing acro yoga.”