Ken DeHart, Director of Player Development at AVAC in San Jose, California, is one of the most decorated teaching professionals in the United States with a deep commitment to continuing education. He received his level 3 Continuing Education Award from the USPTA, and won the award for the most continuing education points in the USPTA three years in a row.
He also remains a frequent competitor: in Feburary 2017 he won the PTR Doubles Championship for the 2nd year in a row after wining the singles championship in 2016.
Ken is a renowned speaker and presenter, and in 2016 presented at the Wimbledon PTR Conference and the Australian Open Coaches Conference.
He has produced 7 DVDs for all players: Games and Drills for Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced players, 50 Best Tennis Tips, Defeating the Monsters in the Mind, 20 Best Games and Corrective Techniques and Myth Busting.
Visit his Facebook page to find drills, games and mental “tuffness” tips.
- 2 time PTR International Pro of the Year
- 3 times USPTA Career Development Award Winner
- 2 time Southwest USPTA Pro of the Year
- 2 time NorCal USPTA Pro of the Year
- Wilson Racquet Sports Premier Advisory Staff
- National Speaker for Wilson Racquet Sports (1 of 20 in the US)
- Member of the PTR Education Committee
- National Cardio Tennis Alumni Speakers Team
- Speaker for Billie Jean Kings’ Eye Coach Training System
- USA High Performance Coach
- USTA NorCal Icon of the Year
- Winner of the USTA NorCal Fred Earle Award
- United States Racquet Stringers Association member (USRSA)
- Member of the United States Tennis Writers Association (USTWA)
- Published in Tennis Magazine, Addvantage, TennisPro, RSI, TennisView and Inside Tennis Magazines
- Co-authored the “International Book of Drills” with Dennis Van der Meer
- Gold Medalist in the Huntsman World Senior Games in 50 & 55 Men’s Singles
- 3 time Gold Medalist in the South Bay Senior Games
- Ranked top 5 in the USPTA & PTR for the past 15 years
- President of the Competitive Edge Training System